- There is no fee for your ribbon cutting if you are a Hallandale Beach Chamber of Commerce member. For non-members, we will do your ribbon cutting for a $250 fee. Please be aware that Members get preference as to scheduling.
- Our ribbon cuttings are done the afternoon of the second Wednesday of the month. If that does not work for you, we do try to accommodate special requests if a Chamber Representative is available, but you must speak with your Membership Representative.
The Hallandale Beach Chamber of Commerce will gladly:
- List your ribbon cutting on the Chamber’s website calendar of events
- Provide you with the Official Chamber plaque, scissors, and ribbon
- Welcome attendees and speak at your ceremony if requested
- Publish your photos on the Chamber Facebook page
*Number of attendees is not guaranteed by the Chamber*
We ask that you carefully consider and determine:
- Your date and time. We ask that you submit your paperwork at least two (2) weeks in advance to your Membership Representative
- Who will cut the ribbon? The owners or top executive most frequently do the honors, but each business is different and can pick whomever they like. If you choose to invite any elected officials to attend, he or she often cuts or assists in the cutting of the ribbon.
- Who you’d like in the photo(s). Some businesses will take multiple photos with various groups of people before the ribbon is actually cut.
- Your remarks or speech.
- Other details to enhance your event. Refreshments, light hors d’oeuvres, door prizes. Many businesses add these extra touches when conducting a public grand opening in conjunction with the ribbon cutting
- Marketing Opportunities. Coupons/Discount cards are a great way to track impact. Giving away something with your name is a great way to make a lasting impression as well.
- Organize a separate PR campaign. If you would like to invite the general public, you should explore other advertising avenues or consider sending a press release to the local media.
Complete and return the Chamber Ribbon Cutting form. In order to officially get your ribbon cutting scheduled, the attached form must be returned to the chamber completed in full by the last day of the month prior to your ribbon cutting.
- The Chamber will automatically invite the Chamber’s Board of Directors, Staff, and Ambassadors. Between four to ten people from this group typically attend.
- While we’ll list your ribbon cutting on our website calendar of events, we strongly encourage you to conduct your own PR campaign to increase the attendance and awareness of your business’ opening. You should also consider inviting your business partners, financiers, contractors, employees, clientele, friends, and family to be with you to celebrate this momentous occasion in your business’ history. Please understand that you should not rely solely on the Chamber to attract your audience. The Chamber does not request reservations and does not keep track of attendance on your behalf.
- Sent a special invitation to the whole Chamber membership (email blast provided for a fee)
- Sent a special direct mail piece to area residents and/or non-member businesses
- Invited clients, employees and board of directors from their organization
- Offered complimentary appetizers and beverages and gave free samples of their products/services
- Decorated with balloons, banners, etc.
- Attended Chamber events leading up to their Ribbon Cutting to personally invite members to their Ribbon Cutting
Complete this Form:
- Chamber ribbon cuttings must be scheduled at least two (2) weeks in advance
- Requests will be taken on a first-come basis and will not be considered without this form
- The Chamber is unable to assist with events scheduled on weekends or holidays
- Membership mailing labels will not be distributed until payment is received
- Ribbon cuttings are held on the 3rd Wednesday of every month.